Friday, July 1, 2016

Building a Quilting Passion in Purple


Quilitng is my passion. I have enjoyed the journey over the years learning how to become a better quilter. I began with simple blocks, building upon the lessons learned through books, classes, other quilters, television and my own desires to push the envelope. I began by hand sewing and hand quilting the layers. On small quilts, I do my own machine quilting of layers and the more practice I have, the better I become. 

Purple Passion was the theme and sub-theme for this quarter's challenge and I couldn't think of a better representation than to show the blocks I made and built upon to get where I am today. 
I hope you enjoy viewing all of the interpretations of this theme.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    Thanks for the explanation of these wonderful purple blocks. I love how they are stacked upon each other, but not in a way that obscures each construction. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful intricate blocks to express the building of your passion! I'll look forward reading more on your blog in due course.

    ReplyDelete